October 5, 2015
The BBC has just published an article basically admitting that the Nigerian people are a bunch of uncivilized savages.
The basis of the article comes from the new Nigerian President who is asking his population to behave themselves.
The writer of the piece even admits that nobody can deny the unruly behavior that Nigerians engage in.
Just look at the list below. These are some of the admitted traits of the Nigerian people. None are good. Especially the pooping in the street part lol.
Best of luck getting these people to behave themselves. You’d probably have to perform some sort of genetic engineering to make any progress.
Few of us who live in Nigeria can deny knowledge of exactly what our president was talking about.
We are quite familiar with ubiquitous unruly behaviour:
- The Nigerians who will never stand in any queue, who must make their way to the front as soon as they arrive
- The drivers who will never stop at a traffic light, who consider it anathema to allow an empty space in front of their vehicles
- The invisible individuals who excrete piles of solid waste on the pavements, night after night
- The staff who take three weeks’ leave to attend their father’s burial, then another three weeks later in the year to attend their father’s burial, again. “That first one was my father who paid my school fees,” they say. “This one is my biological father”
- The mothers who threaten the head teacher with fire and brimstone because their children were punished for coming late to school
- The bosses who, in the presence of their entire staff, praise you for your excellent work skills, then wink and ask if you also have excellent “bedroom skills”, while everyone present bursts out laughing
- The top government officials who show off their importance by the number of people jam-packed into their waiting rooms. They give you an appointment for 7am, knowing full well that they do not intend to see you until 10pm
- The air hostesses who frown throughout the flight, to avoid giving you the false impression that they are at your beck and call
- The “big men” and “big women” who scream “Do you know who I am?” when you ask for some identity before they can be allowed through the gate
- Those who ring the airline to request that the flight be delayed for their sakes, while their fellow passengers gaze out of the aeroplane windows for an hour, wondering why the flight is delayed, this time
I could go on and on. The catalogue of unruly behaviour in Nigeria is endless.
And, like President Buhari has pointed out, for the country to move forward, these bad habits have to change.