September 15, 2017
Welcome to the Myth of the 20th Century. The podcast airs on Fridays.
— Brought to you by —
Adam Smith and Hank Oslo with special guest Alex Walker.
The governor has declared a state of emergency. Affected areas have been ordered evacuated, and anyone found in the street after 8 p.m. is subject to martial law. In times of crisis, people begin to fend for themselves, and the few that do band together often do so out of necessity rather than choice. The time to be prepared for a crisis is before the event actually happens, but since so few people actually do, the government is expected to come in to their rescue. The results, however, as we have seen in major disasters such as Hurricane Katrina and more recently in Houston and now Florida, may vary.
– Harvey Texas floods – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGnb8Lf9h7Y
– Impossible To Get A Flight Out Of Irma’s Way – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XTPKImzctQ
– Long Lines Form To Get Into Dade Shelters – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP9_DJU9fAY
– Maine Prepper: WROL threats from gangs – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU7bHUGlkbI
– MARTIAL LAW DECLARED IN TEXAS – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov0Nj4nX9J0
– National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) – http://noaa.gov