June 30, 2019
Only one thing matters: the purity of your mission.
— Marianne Williamson (@marwilliamson) August 12, 2009
I just read an article on NYMAG that asked the reader to guess if a quote was from Marianne Williamson or Solid Snake. This really made a good point: Marianne Williamson is a lot more of a serious candidate than the rest of these people.
For those who don’t know, Williamson is a new age spiritual guru.
She’s written a bunch of books.
She really made an impression on me during the debate.
She had the best answers.
Harnessing love for political purposes is a brilliant new paradigm.
She’s 66 years old and looks great, so clearly she is doing something right.
Check out some of her inspirational quotes:
- Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are.
- Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us.
- The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.
- Love is what we were born with. Fear is what we learned here.
- We can always choose to perceive things differently. You can focus on what’s wrong in your life, or you can focus on what’s right.
- We are not held back by the love we didn’t receive in the past, but by the love we’re not extending in the present.
- In every community, there is work to be done. In every nation, there are wounds to heal. In every heart, there is the power to do it.
- Maturity includes the recognition that no one is going to see anything in us that we don’t see in ourselves. Stop waiting for a producer. Produce yourself.
- The first step in forgiveness is the willingness to forgive.
- The goal of spiritual practice is full recovery, and the only thing you need to recover from is a fractured sense of self.
Great, great advice all around.
Just like Andrew Yang, her mic was muted by the Jews during the debate.
As much fun as I've had laughing at all the understandable hilarious tweets about me today, the mic issue is not funny and yes it did happen. I tried a couple of times to jump in and my mic was not on. Particularly wanted in on the subject of race.
— Marianne Williamson (@marwilliamson) June 29, 2019
They fear her.
Why do they fear her?
Because she will fix America with the power of love?
I mean – what do we have to lose?
If she can channel the forces of love to save us, we should probably just let her do it.