February 18, 2018
A major ICE operation in the Los Angeles area netted over 200 arrests and 100 businesses receiving audit notifications. So much for California being a sanctuary state!
California recently passed a state law making it unlawful for businesses to cooperate with federal immigration enforcement. Despite their best efforts, it has not stopped the federal government from arresting illegal aliens in the state.
A recent Los Angeles area operation resulted in over 200 arrests of illegal aliens. They also notified over 100 businesses that they will be audited to determine if they are employing illegals.
US Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers have rounded up more than 200 people for violating immigration laws during a five-day sweep in the Los Angeles area, which sparked a protest on Thursday.
In addition to arresting 212 undocumented immigrants, federal agents also served more than 100 notices to local businesses that they will be audited to determine whether they are employing people who are in the country illegally.
The raids triggered a demonstration by a small group of immigration advocates chanting ‘stop the deportations’ who blocked a Homeland Security van from entering the federal Metropolitan Detention Center.
Police were called in and issued a dispersal order but no one was arrested.
A statement from the agency said that 88 per cent of the 212 people arrested in the sweep were convicted criminals. The remaining 12 per cent were non-criminals.
More than half had prior felony convictions for serious or violent offenses, such as child sex crimes, weapons charges, and assault, or had past convictions for significant or multiple misdemeanors.
While these arrests might not seem like a big deal, it sends a message that you could face consequences for being here illegally or if you hire illegals. It is a definite improvement from where we were and it strikes a blow to this idea that California can operate as a sanctuary state.
But it’s really goofy to see how there are people protesting the arrest of illegal aliens many of who committed serious crimes while they were in the United States. This is only happening because the state of California is a multicultural cesspool run by a mix of Communists and beaner filth. It’s the main reason why the state has become a sanctuary state.
The entire situation in California is unsustainable. You can’t have a state passing laws which contradict federal immigration law. It has long been agreed that immigration is a federal issue under the supremacy clause of the Constitution. It is not a subject of which falls under the Tenth Amendment. The Supreme Court ruling in Arizona vs. United States upheld this idea. This case dealt with Arizona attempting to empower local law enforcement to help enforce federal immigration law when the Obama regime abdicated their responsibility in this area. When this was going on, the Communists loved the idea of federal supremacy but now they’re comically trying to maintain that it’s a state’s rights issue.
The issue of immigration may result in California voting to secede from the United States. The #CalExit movement is a thing and there could be a vote on this at some point in the future. Based on the state’s current political environment, a #CalExit would not be the worst thing in the world to happen.